The Half-Way Tree Primary School was founded by the St. Andrew Parish Church 99 years ago this year! When the school was established in 1924, it was located on Hope Road (on the church property currently used by NCB for parking). It was moved to its present location, 34 Burlington Avenue, in 1984. Currently, the school is home to approximately 1,200 students. Communities served by the school include Half-Way Tree, Eastwood Park Gardens, sections of Hagley Park, Richmond Park and the Molynes areas. In addition to doing well in the performing arts, students excel academically, making it one of the city’s most sought after primary schools.